YiLink LiFePO4 Solar Batteries
LiFePO4 Rack Mount Battery
LiFePO4 Power Wall Battery
Features and Advantages:
- Comply with IEC62619, UL1973, CE, ROHS, UN38.3, MSDS
- Intelligent self-protection
- Intelligent management system
- All-round communication interface
- Long cycle life, life > 10 years @ 25°C
- Maintenance free
- Lightweight than equivalent lead-acid batteries
- Easy installation
- LCD indicator
|Nominal Voltage (V)||51.2||51.2|
|Nominal Capacity (Ah)||100||100|
|Nominal Energy (kWh)||5.12||5.12|
|Max. output Power (kW)||5.12||5.12|
|Net Weight (kg)||46||52|
|Dimension (mm) W*D*H||442*450*178||480*520*167|
|Working Voltage (V)||42~58||42~58|
|Operating Temperature Charging (°C)||0~55||0~55|
|Operating Temperature Discharging (°C)||-20~60||-20~60|
|Max. Charge Current (A)||100||100|
|Max. Discharge Current (A)||100||100|
|Recommended Charge Current (A)||20||20|
|Monthly Self Discharge||≤2%, @35°C||≤2%, @35°C|
|Efficiency of Charge & Discharge||≥99.5% @0.2C||≥99.5% @0.2C|
|Communication||CAN / RS485 / RS232 / Dry Contact||CAN / RS485 / RS232 / Dry Contact|
|Cycle Life (1)||≥ 6000||≥ 6000|
|Certification & Safety Standard||UL1973 / CE / UN38.3 / IEC62619 / EN61000-6 / RoHS / MSDS||UL1973 / CE / UN38.3 / IEC62619 / EN61000-6 / RoHS / MSDS|
|Compatible Inverters||Deye, Growatt, Sol-Ark, SunSynk, Victron, Voltronic, Goodwe, Luxpower, Sofar, SMA, Schneider, Solis, TBB, INVT, etc||Deye, Growatt, Sol-Ark, SunSynk, Victron, Voltronic, Goodwe, Luxpower, Sofar, SMA, Schneider, Solis, TBB, INVT, etc|
South Africa has seen an increasing level of loadshedding over the past number of years. This situation has raised the demand for solar energy storage systems to keep the lights on, a key component of which, is the battery/s used to store the solar energy.
NuVision Electronics is excited to announce a new product range in the solar battery energy storage market.
NuVision Electronics has partnered with a premium battery manufacturing company in China called YiLink Energy, to supply a range of solar energy storage batteries using the latest LiFePO4 battery chemistry.
What is LiFePO4?
LiFePO4, (Lithium Iron Phosphate), is the predominant premium battery chemistry currently used within the solar energy storage market domain.
The LiFePO4 battery chemistry has the following benefits over other commonly available battery chemistries that fall under the Lithium-ion battery domain:
- The chemistry is more stable, less susceptible to thermal runaway and therefore a safer battery chemistry.
- A much higher cycle count (which means the number of times a battery can be fully charged to 100% and fully discharged to 0%). Typically, the cycle count will range from 4000 to above 6000 (this is dependent on various factors such as the charge/discharge rates, the depth of discharge (DOD), the temperature).
NOTE: Since technical specifications can be very misleading, NuVision Electronics has included cycle curves in the battery brochures to show how cycle count is affected by different charge/discharge rates, DOD, and temperature).
- Longer lifespan, between 5 and 10 years with warranties of between 5 and 10 years.
NOTE: NuVision Electronics offers a 10-year warranty that is fully inclusive of the BMS, (Battery Management System). The warranty of the battery is key to understanding what the actual performance of the battery will be compared to what is stated in the specifications.
Why did NuVision Electronics choose to partner with YiLink Energy?
The LifePO4 batteries used in typical solar installations are expensive and can easily represent more than 50% of the total system investment cost.
Considering the sizeable financial investment required to purchase these batteries, and considering that the battery should last for 10 years under warranty, NuVision Electronics has gone to great lengths to select and partner with a supplier that can provide, at minimum, the following:
- The supplier should be reputable and have a lengthy track record in terms of both manufacturing and service excellence.
- The supplier should have a high level of technical experience and expertise in the battery manufacturing industry.
- The supplier should be capable of providing a high-quality, best in class product.
- The supplier should be able to demonstrate a degree of expected longevity in the marketplace through its commitment to keeping abreast of future technologies and R&D roadmaps.
NuVision Electronics is confident in and believes that YiLink Energy fulfils the above-mentioned requirements.
NOTE: With regards to supplier longevity expectations, it is critical that a battery product with a 10-year lifespan and warranty, is supported by a supplier that exhibits a high probability of being capable of such support and that the supplier instills a level of confidence that it will likely still be in operation 10years down the line.
NOTE: Prior to ordering our first batch of batteries from YiLink Energy, NuVision Electronics ordered a sample batch of batteries which we installed in four separate installations locally, each of which utilized different installers.
These installations have been in operation since January 2023 with zero problems encountered during both installation and actual operation.
Who is YiLink Energy?
YiLink Energy is a Chinese based company having sites in Shenzhen, Shanghai, Dongguan, Ganzhou, and Guangzhou. YiLink Energy has been in operation in the general battery business since 2004 and its lithium battery production facilities have been in operation since 2013.
YiLink Energy uses only brand-new certified Grade A prismatic cells, these cells are manufactured by Gangfeng, one of the largest battery cell manufacturers in China. YiLink claims a 0% cell failure rate over the past 3 years.
For more information regarding YiLink Energy, please refer to the following link:
For more information regarding Gangfeng lithium prismatic Grade A LiFePO4 cells please refer to the following link: